Friday, October 27, 2006

My Shadow

I love my shadow, I like how it is a better manifestation of me, taller and grander without giving away my disfigurement. I like how it is there to remind me that I exist physically and metaphysically, even when I feel invisible, as it is the product of me being corporeal enough to obstruct the paths of light. My shadow can do no wrong, it can accomplish no malice, for it lacks all the internal conflicts of its owner. It merely exist, a constant companion, a quiet follower and leader in the midst of my daily chores. I am never alone, for it dances with me, a puppet on the wall. My shadow is my friend, it passes no judgement but offers a sympathetic presence. Indeed, my shadow is my friend, and long do I dread the day I cast it no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment