Monday, October 16, 2006

Piano


Last night I felt it once more, beneath the full moon and the starry skies. I felt it tugging gently at my heart, probing my inner soul until I can no longer ignore it as I usually do. It called out to me, resonating like a clarion bell across a willowy meadow. Haunting, whispery, but nonetheless building momentum, it gathers itself for an assualt against my vulnerable self. Emotions that were previously tucked away and inerted, seems to gravitate towards it. Awaiting for that one moment when the dam may break. Normally, when I feel it coming, I would snuck away into the night and find her - the stern lady dressed in black with the skin of white ivories. She was always there, neither smiling nor frowning, just patiently waiting. She expects nothing, nor does she demands anything. Never judging, she would sit and listen, allowing me to lead the conversation whichever way I pleased. No one else has come to know me as she did, anticipating my whims with such clairvoyance. No one understands me as she did, for no one else has peered into the depth of my soul as she did. How perfectly she responds, drawing upon my emotions she can be passionate like the thunders rolling, or she could be quiet and timid like rain drops slowly falling. Indeed, when I feel afflicted with the overwhelming yearning for a companion, I would go to her and pour out my soul  to my heart' s content.  She was my confidente, my one true soul mate... and now she lies far away. Who can I turn to, who can withstand the turbulant storm of my being and make music with me? Who else possess the same sensitivity to my touch, easily reverberating and amplifying my every whim. Alas, I am out on my own. Vulnerable beneath the lovely skies, feeling the true burden of being lonely as can be, without an outlet for my romantic notions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment