Sunday, October 8, 2006

Mid-Autumn 2006

I like the full moon, I like how it veils everything with a silky glow, creating an ambient haze. Often times, I find it to be simply bewtiching to stand there beneath the clear skies and gaze unto her face. How fickle she seems, often disappearing for periods of time, but she always come back with that mystical smile of hers, showering the serene earth with her magical presence. On nights when the moon is whole, I feel as if I am the lone wolf given the chance to connect with the pack again. For when the moon is high and full, the wolves would arch their heads and howl, communicating with each other despite the distance. Similarily, I would look up to her, and be contented in knowing that somewhere out there, across the vastness that parts us, those whom I hold fondly are looking at the same moon. We are thus re-united in that giant mirror in the sky, our thougths reflected and relayed to each other's soul. At least, that is my hope. The seas and the mountains may be in the way, but as long as the moon becomes whole, so shall the company that were once dispersed meet in the medium of the sentimental heart. 

That being said, the full moon does not just signify the reaffirmation of an old alliance, but the confirmation of new allegiances as well. the new moon should be a symbol of the meeting of both the old and the new acquaintances until the circle is complete. Alas, that is my ideal notion. No matter how alone I may feel, the moon is a steadfast reminder that we are all completed somehow by others who entered our lives. That while these individual may not be always present, they are an integral part of us, that we are always whole as long as we remember them.

So on this night, I propose a toast to all my friends out there, to my family, and to those whom I have just met. May you always be blessed with good health, and good humor, and may you remember that each of you complete me as a whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment