Tuesday, May 12, 2020

I wish I did more

 Some days I wish I can do more

I wish I can take away the pain, the fear and the hurt
I wish I can make you smile, heck, I would even settle for a grimace
I know the world can be a dark and scary place at times
I know what it feels like when things fall through
When all that you planned, hoped and desired collapse
I have confronted that bleakness myself many times
And G-d willing, I will go back many a time more
Because each time I come back deeper than before
I know the gradient of darkness
I am well acquainted with the strata of silence
And so will you my friend
Because if someone like me can make it
So will you
But if you are not sure, then sit by me for a while
Let me tell you that it is going to be alright
May be it is not the "right" that you have in mind
But if you trust it, life will do right by you
I believe that, I truly do
So, if you need a friend this night or any night
Know I am here
I will walk with you as far you want me to
And I will stay behind should you need an anchor
But wherever you go
Rest assure you will always have a comrade in arms

No comments:

Post a Comment