Monday, February 9, 2009

It's like this...

It's like this between you and I, we are rails of a track, always parallel never touching. The sun and moon may eclipse one another, but our shadows will never meet. How cruel a fate that we share, destined to be close but never close enough. 

It's like this between you and I. My lips like a canyon yearning for your succulence. See how in your absence, my soul a gorge divide, my being eroded and dried. Lush green valleys that could have been reduced to nothing more but mere wasteland- barren, cold, wild and wide. 

It's like this between you and I, vines that never intertwine. We are a kiss from eternal happiness, if only our lips touched. Yet, a moment like that was ephemeral, all else became surreal. Now we stood apart, a rainbow dead in its prime. 

It's like this between you and I, companions of the mind, Judas of our hearts. Faithful friends, loyal companions; an epic love story unfulfilled. Is it tragic? Isn't it romantic? This excruciating ecstasy of an affair that can never be. 

It's like this between you and I, constellations joint by imagination, unified for inspiration. A product of sleepers, of dreamers and idealists who wants nothing more than to believe there is more than random chance. We are towers of their bridge to hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment