Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Patience with flatulence.



My patient sat uncomfortably across from me in the tiny booth. He began to fidget, he started to stammer, I can see goosebumps forming on his arms, the tightening around the corner  of the lips. I thought it may be his guilty conscience acting up as I forced him to confess that he has not been wearing his hearing aids.  It was not until I got up to leave the booth and heard the resounding fart and the ensuing sigh of relief that I realized all this time he was holding back, and that ultimately I was spared. My faith in humanity is restored. Gosh, I love audiology.

1 comment:

  1. If you suffering from ear pain, or any kind of ear infections, then you need to seek the help of an ear doctor right away.
    atlanta ear doctor

    ReplyDelete