Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hi, I am Linus

I remember a simpler time, a time when the four corners of my blue blanket constitutes all the security I need from the uncertain world around me. At night when monsters lurk in the shadows, I only need to hide under the covers and I know I am protected. When I am afraid and in need of courage, I only need to drape on my blanket, and suddenly I morphed into a caped superhero with unlimited might. Of course, those moments don't often end in glorious victories as the "cape" never quite became the parachute I imagine it to be, nor does it ever serve as a safety net. But that blanket was the world to me, mainly because it was a constant source of comfort- embracing me, empowering me. It was my tent where I can camp out and read all night if I want. It was my magic carpet when my mind needed a conduit to a world unexplored. It became a mystical maze for my fingers, its threads woven into labyrinths of patterns that if I close my eyes I may just get lost in. Such a wonderful blanket it was, all blue and soft, it was my unchanging sky on a cloudy day, beneath it I am draped in a cotton field under clear skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment