Friday, June 18, 2021

Communion

 It has been over a year since I last received the Eucharist. Although online services and daily prayers provided the means for me to stay tethered, ultimately I craved this medicine and nourishment.

What sustained me is knowing soon I can return to worship in person, to come before His table and receive Him just as He has beckoned us to join Him. It is not just the Eucharist mind you. Oh no, to partake in the Eucharist is to be part of something greater, for we do not come before the altar alone, but with the community.

I can never for the life of me imagine a G-d who would deny anyone access to Him. That, as stewards, ours is to draw ALL to Him so that He may feed them, nourish them, and bring comfort to them, just as we have received from Him. Ours is to be His agent, to hold the door open, to welcome, to embrace, to love. I do not wish to eat alone or eat before others can get to their share. That is not the feast that the Lord has prepared for us. His words were, "Take, Eat, All of you." Not some, all.


So, I patiently wait for when I can partake again. I hope none will be denied, especially not by any person, for it was never our place to deem who is worthy, nor was it ever our right to withhold love, grace, and salvation when they have been made readily available in abundance by He whom we believed has love that knows no bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment