Thursday, May 6, 2021

Keeping it real

 In private conversations, I have held recently the theme that the world has gone mad came up quite frequently. I know I have been questioning my understanding of how things work as a result of current events. Yet as I ponder deeper I suppose the truth is the world has always been somewhat chaotic.

History has shown us again and again that humanity creeps towards the dark side quite often. I guess I have just been very fortunate that my corner of the world, and therefore my notion of reality, has been rather secured such that in contrast things have been getting to me as of late.
So first, I must express my gratefulness to the people who has kept it safe all these years. To my immediate family and close friends, thanks for all these years of positivity and support. To every member of the society, from those who served in the armed forces, to the teachers, the civil servants, the garbage collectors. Thank you. Thank you for your continual defiance to entropy by bringing order to our world.
I guess the truth is the world has always been a bit off kilter. Heck, I have been told that the earth actually orbits on a tilt axis. Yet, what has never really changed is it behooves each and every one of us to do our best to make it better for those around us.
Life sucks from time to time, gravity sucks. But we have the ability to defy it, we can be the source of levity be it through grand gesture to small acts of kindness. It doesn't take much, be nice, be open, be willing to acknowledge one another. Be witness to each other's struggles, be helpful.
The world may feel insane, but we can keep it sane for our young and vulnerable. We must act to preserve decency and an example of goodness to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment