Monday, September 7, 2020

It is what it is, and I am what I am.

 "It is just is." One of the hardest truths I have to learn this past year is appreciating the aforementioned phrase and all that it encompasses. I know I tend to assign positive and negative attributes to incidences, but when I step back and allow things to ebb and flow as they will, as they ought, I find myself to be lighter.

When I began to surrender the need to assigning guilt or fault, it helped me to navigate the twists and turns of this life a bit better. Am I always successful in acceptance, to say, "it is just is." No! But it serves as a reminder that not all things are as I want them to be, that greater powers beyond mine are at play at times. So, I surrender to the curlicue whimsy of cosmic timing, and give myself permission to wait things out, and welcome the next thing.
The other side of "it is just is", is "I am what I am," and what I am is fluid, flexible, and pragmatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment