Saturday, August 29, 2020

I miss church

 t feels like it has been forever since I have stepped into a church. I miss it. I miss the fractals of shadows cascading from stain glass windows. I miss the stillness. I miss the goosebumps I get upon hearing the organ playing a hymn I know. I miss hearing voices unified in prayer, in song, in wishing each other peace. I miss the true sense of sanctuary, of being able to let my guard down if only for a little while in a sacred space and time.

It will be some time that I will dare venture back. What I do, where I work, I can't afford to place others at risk. To my brothers and sisters in Christ, continue to spread the good word. May we continue to rejoice, to pray, to sing, to hope, and to love. I look forward to when we can meet at the altar again, to break bread, and to exchange peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment