Saturday, April 11, 2020

Am I good enough?

In my life, I have struggled with being not good enough.
I am not that smart, I suck at maths.
I am not athletic, I don't play sports.
The list goes on and on.

I am used to be being forgotten and overlooked. 
Like animals at a shelter or a pound, 
Waiting eagerly to be fostered or adopted
But days turn into weeks, and weeks turn into months
And still, I remain, wondering if I will ever be good enough.
Try as I may, I am often left feeling maybe I just wasn't good enough. 
Maybe it wasn't meant to be, maybe I don't deserve this or that.
I would keep trying, to go out of my way to be the best that I can be.  
But there remains this doubt, that maybe I am just not good enough. 
Yet, you take that doubt away from me, and what will I become?
Will I remain this caring person who knows what it is like to be not good enough? 
Will I continue to work just as hard to uplift others in their moments of crisis?
Will I connect as deeply?  
Will I remain a champion for the underdogs, the oppressed, the needy, and the sick?
So, today I may still feel like I am not good enough, and maybe I will never feel good enough. But maybe that is a blessing in of itself.
Because there is still enough of me to be good, and maybe that's enough, for now. 
So to those of you out there like me who struggle,
It's ok to be not good enough, just try to be good,
The "enough"
part will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment