Friday, November 22, 2019

Weakness

The past few weeks have seen me encountered setbacks after setbacks on several fronts, the experience of which has left me feeling drained.  I became tired of trying to be strong, realizing that I am actually weak, and hating myself a little bit more for it.  And my heart took me to some pretty dark places.  

And then, I realize, it has never been really about being strong.  It was not about proving I am worthy, or that I am self-sufficient.  What I went through, that was just life being life.  It is not about deserving or not deserving. Life just is. You live it enough there's going to be highs and lows. What matters is you get through, smiling or crying, intact or damaged. More importantly, believe in your soul. Trust that it will thrive like grass seeping through concrete - it will find a way.  

We keep thinking the soul is this fragile thing, that it can be hurt, and maybe it does, but it always grows back.  That is the beauty of it, insofar as you breathe, the soul revives. Our physical being can be hurt, our hearts broken, but the soul is infinite.  That vastness that we feel when we are alone and down, is the very same expanse that reaches out to the universe.  

Sure, the universe can be frightfully silent at times, but there is actually quite a bit of chatter once you learn to listen.  We just have to trust it.  When all fails, remember our souls are strong, and that it is dialled into something much deeper, older, and humbler.  

So, hold your head up high if only to use the elevation to give your head butts more momentum as you bear through.  And trust in your soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment