Friday, June 14, 2019

Diaspora

I the diaspora, the vagabond, the wayfarer.
I the traveller, a nomad, a wanderer. 
I who blend in and yet never belong.
I who talk like a native but remain a foreigner.
I who have called many places my home.
 
I who have brothers and sisters though born an only child.
I who have traversed crossroads upon crossroads
 And navigated the dichotomies both external and internal

I who have crossed thresholds, broken bread, sat by hearths,  sang songs, danced dances, and heard stories.
I remain restless, for my story has no root.
I remain a drifter, dispersed into the world, riding the wind.

So I cherish any moment that is real, raw, and concrete; 
knowing just how ephemeral, ethereal, and fragile it all can be.
So walk with me, come sit by me, and just for a moment be my anchor so that I may know what it is like to feel grounded.



No comments:

Post a Comment