Sunday, September 3, 2017

Solitude

It is hard to explain the tranquility of doing things alone.  To go wander about on a whim, to sit in the corner of a nice restaurant enjoying a good meal, to ponder without interruption. Ah, the liberty to be without question.

Sure, I enjoy company from time to time, I love to make others smile, to be there when they are in need of me.  I know the value of friendship, I relish the anticipation of sharing an experience with others, to sit by a bonfire and listen to stories. That's why I strive to pay extra attention and show appreciation for the little things in life, so that I may share them with others along the way.

Equally, I enjoy a cup of hot tea brewed to my liking, to be mercurial without fear of hurting others, to be quirky without being made to feel awkward.

I suppose society frowns upon the singular individual just as the wait staff worried about the fare for one person at a table for two.  I suppose people do worry for the lone individual, quietly tucked away.  I assure you, It is quite alright, I am alright.

I may not be euphoric, but I am happy. I know how to keep myself entertained just as I am confident in my ability to make you chuckle. I am an umbrella, I will be there when the time is right, be it sun or rain. I am a training bra, not fancy but supportive.  There is tranquility on my own. I am quite comfortable, so don't you fret.

No comments:

Post a Comment