Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things I have said over the years...

Chemistry teaches us great life lessons, for example, you reduce yourself by embracing negativity, therefore I urge you to follow the ways of the cations and be positive!
Treat not studying as if approaching something anew, but revisiting a different perspective regarding that which we have already experienced. The truth is this, should our ears be opened, our eyes seeking, and minds embracing, then we shall see the common thread. All knowledge is not foreign but rather links to one form or another to which we can relate and apply elsewhere.
I do things because I want to, I can, and I don't mind. I do things because they are, to me, the decent thing to do at that moment in time. All I ask for in return is a little more common decency. For I firmly believe this to be true, that at the end of days, we are held accountable not by the judgment of others, but by our own internal sense of decency which should grow stronger with the passing years.
The moment you stopped laughing and start taking yourself too seriously, targeting the "minorities" in your own backyard, following your emotions as opposed to your reasoning and claim your god is the only god - the terrorists win.

"When I see an elderly person, I remember them in their youth, when they were at their prime toiling on our behalf. When I behold the young, I imagine their future, bursting with potential for greatness. In that way, every person I meet, I find their redeeming quality, and I cherish them for it."

"Ya know, the last time I have felt this way about an exam was when I was a teenager getting my first physical, and the doctor reached down, grabbed me and asked me to breathe... and I didn't anticipate to feel that way again until I am in my 40s getting my rectal exam. Thank you graduate school for stirring in me such nostalgia."

"There's a difference between existing and living. To exist is to merely to have matter and occupy space. To live is to matter to others, and create space where it was absent before."

"The students are trying to learn, the teacher is trying to teach; but let's face it, the subject matter is in of itself very trying!"

"We have all become so accustomed to having distractions in our lives, every moment filled with activities of some sort that we forget sometime what we really need is to slow down, quiet down, sit down and just be."

"My friends, as you rush about in your individual lives, do not forget to utter a little prayer now and then because you may never know if those little prayers could save others from praying seriously on your behalf."

"To be grateful is to acknowledge the blessings of yesterdays, the promises of tomorrows, and the gift of living in the present. For appreciation allows you to see the value where worth can not be measured by earthly means."

"The pressing issue is not so much as to how well I understand people, but how well do I understand my internal/emotional response to them. Ultimately, it is my attribute to people which makes them worst or better."

"Look for someone who complements you rather than someone who pays you compliments."

"here is no sport in making someone feel bad about themselves, after all everyone has their internal demons to help you along. No, if you want t do something worthwhile, make people feel special about themselves."

"Ultimately... I think the more important lesson withing a relationship is to learn to love yourself more so that you have love to spare and share with another. That's the tipping point towards a better relationship, when you are able to love yourself in absence of one."

"Be sweet, be fluid; and like the combination of water and sugar, become the glue of your community."

Q: "Describe for me what you see in the ear." A: "Well, if you must, the TM looks a bit like a furled condom."

Checklists help as long as you don't put too many things on it. I think that is a great lesson for our generation: learn that we need not continuously raise our tolerance level lest we become overwhelmed.

"I am elitist with an inferiority complex"

"That whole Christian thing about turning the other cheek never quite worked for me... that is, until I discovered the joy of mooning."

A cup is only useful when it is empty. Therefore clear your mind of unnecessary thoughts, wean your heart of needless emotions. Open yourself, be ready to embrace, to accept, to understand, and to appreciate. Let your cup be filled with a concoction rich in flavor and sweet in aroma.

Laugh at yourself, laugh with yourself, and you will find laughing by yourself isn't that bad

As with many other actions in life: learn, because you want to, not because you have to.

People ask me how I remain positive and I tell them this, "I am an only child, and for the majority of my life I am my own source of entertainment. So I have learn to laugh at myself a lot. When I am down, I find amusement in my predicament. When I am up, I let my imagination soar." So laugh with me, because when I am around, you are no longer the only strange person in the room.

If I should fail, may it be in this rather than something more important. If I should trip, let it be now. See, as it is so with children who are closer to the ground and therefore can tolerate more falls, may it be with me as well. More importantly, may I never let my fear of failure prevent me from not trying. For I rather face the winds and howl back, then to hide and regret not giving my best.

I think part of the reason we procrastinate is because secretly we are all romantics inside, wanting to chase after that slipping time like those actors in the black & white film running along the train platform, trying catch up with the caboose that is about to whisk the love of their lives away (or, if you prefer, change the setting to a Greyhound Bus station).

Having trouble staying asleep means having trouble staying awake.

May you always be old enough to set a bad example, yet young enough to make mistakes.

Sometimes we strive so hard to seek the answers from without that we neglect the wisdom that is within. Don't look so far that you do not see the things that are in front of you. The acorn may reach for the skies, but it grows nonetheless one bit at a time.

What strange times these are, when waistlines are going further south, and the hemlines traveling too far north.


"It could be she is into you, or simply she is shocked by you, or it is dark, my point is this don't read too much into pupil dilation"

" A tie is essentially worn to draw one's attention to the male's organ, consider it a huge arrow pointing towards the proper place. Much like a form fitting evening gown functions for a women. Subconsciously, it is a show of fertility"

"the chink in the mail is a mailed order groom from China"

A: "sex is a broad topic"
Me: "yes, and it often involves one too"

"Three things essential for guys to remember: flick, lick and dick"

"So it turns out Diddily Squat did know Jack Schitt and vice versa"

"Liberal arts major: People who were taught to think outside of the box only to end up living out (in) of one"

"You know you are getting old when your bed spring get more action than you"

"Some women like to wear thongs to make them feel good, I wear a shirt and a tie"

"I need collars, my neck feels naked without them"

"I like to think I am one of the good guys, but why do I feel so bad right now?"

"I know life can be a lot worst, but it won't hurt if it was better."

"I think the color orange should really be called carrot. After all, C comes before O and therefore earns the prerogative of being named the color and vegetable"

"If you are going to be nice, chances are you will be the best friend to everyone but yourself"

"Why couldn't I be born earlier, then I would have been original"

"It could be gravity, or it could simply be you are fat"

"Its a full house in the banos until you hear someone flush"

"love is that which conjoins two or more by allowing vulnerability such that for a sacred union they touch upon the face of God"

Tonight at the library I met a girl with a great spine. Her name is Gray, and Gray's Anatomy is mighty fine ^_^

" Natural frequency is like the G-spot"

No comments:

Post a Comment