Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Grind

Do you remember that time we sat at the Grind and just talked for hours? I don’t remember exactly what it was that we talked about, it seemed like we brushed upon every subject possible. I just recall it being a great afternoon; and I miss it. The thing is, we don’t seem to talk anymore. Oh, occasionally I would get a poke from you on facebook, or a third party would mention your name in passing; but that’s about it. It’s like the moment we left that campus, our lives have taken on totally different courses, you went your way, and I went mine. The earth maybe round and we may be walking in totally opposite directions, but our paths are destined not to crisscross ever again. I honestly don’t know how I feel about that. You see, I keep imagining that there is this parallel universe where we will meet again, and pick up where we left off. There is always that lingering question which I doubt I will get the chance to ask you, or we the opportunity to explore the answer together. 

So it is that I continue with my life, and you yours. I hope somewhere; somehow you are still curious as I remember you to be of the world around you. I hope that when the hurly burly of the day has left you be, that you may just think of me just as I you. I know I have changed quite a bit since that day, perhaps in that parallel universe, you will find an Andy who is actually bolder and wiser. Perhaps, in that universe, we will spend more afternoons watching sunsets in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment