Sunday, June 3, 2007

The beginning or the end?

Have the curtains truly fallen?
Has the music really stopped playing?
Or is it in the silence still, the melodies ring even more salient
Can you really not hear the lyrics to every song that has been played? 

You said to me that this cannot be.
There is after all no real life romantic comedy
But is that truly from your heart, or from a script poorly written?
Who’s to say ours must be a clique tragedy? 

You told me to let it be, and perhaps I may,
For I have learned the hard way that
Love should never be means to hold one hostage,
As the ransom is often not what we are ready to pay.

While I shall fight against all others for your affection,
Never will I place myself in direct contention against blood of your blood.
That is one burden that I will not place upon you,
But it should never have come to this, a decision of me or them.

Love should never be a competition. Love is sacred, love is holy.
Who are we to measure God’s gift to all human kind?
Who are we to deem unholy what He has made holy?
Did He not create you and I in His likeness? 

Who is to say that this is not His love that beats fervently within our hearts?
Is it because our ardor is so great, so absolute that it frightens them?
That they would resolve to all means to contain it, define it, control it, condemn it?
If you must love as they will it, then that is not true love is it?

Alas, I can ask no more of you than what you have given me.
Neither can I take back the things which have been bestowed you so willingly.
Forever you shall hold my soul, my whole in your hands;
Until that day when you find me loathsome because of my person. 

You said for me to forget. That can not be and will never be.
For everywhere I go, I shall smell the scent of lemongrass and berries lingering.
I can not forget that which has made me the happiest in my known memory
When the world has turned cold, and I have grown old, this is all I have left -
The warm glow of you and I side by side these few months.

Has the play truly stopped?
Did you quit the stage on your own accord?
Even so, I shall remain; I hear the piano playing
Of feathers slowly flutter by, of butterfly lovers who never die.

Then let these be my parting lines for now
"Since my love cannot love me, I will love for love's sake. 
I will love no other as I have you - nor should you wish that upon me. 
It is inconsequential what shall happen to me, 
as I shall find my cocoon to morph into someday. 
Be far from me if you must, for I shall not make you choose. 
Yet, even in absence shall not my feelings for you ever dampened. 
I love you, I love you, I love you."


Je t'aime, tu est tout qui j'adore. Je ne regretterai jamais, ni vous vous lamentez sur il. Pendant que vos yeux sont desséchés, sont ainsi les miens.

No comments:

Post a Comment